Dec 2nd, 2020
Hello, Podwalkers, and welcome back to the Goblin Lore Podcast!
Back in our forty-ninth episode, Alex and Joe discussed a goblin character that we had not physically seen yet in Magic: the Gathering lore – Krark, of the Mirrodin goblins – and the clan he founded and inspired. This episode looked at the Gambler's Fallacy in the real world! Hobbes had been unable to join and was particularly upset as Krark is very dear to him.
So let's return to this topic now that we know a little more about Krark. We also have a friend who has been on the show before and BEGGED to come back we swear (Orcish Librarian). Learn why we all suck at identify randomness and stick around for Hobbes's wild theories on the development of Krark as it relates to a famous Mathematician who flipped a lot of coins.
Again we would like to state that Black Lives Matter (with a link to where you can offer support both monetary and not).
We also are proud to have partnered with Grinding Coffee Co a black, LGBT+ affiliated and owned, coffee business that is aimed at providing coffee to gamers. You can read more about their mission here. You can use our partner code for discounted coffee!
As promised, we plan to keep these Mental Health Links available moving forward too. For general Mental Health the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) has great resources for people struggling with mental health concerns as well as their families. We also want to draw attention to this article on stigma from NAMI's site.
If you’re thinking about suicide or just need someone to talk to right now, you can get support from any of the resources below.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Veteran's can Press 1 at anytime to be taken to the Veteran's Line
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741-741
- International suicide hotlines: A comprehensive resource list for people outside the US.
- IMAlive: Click Chat Now to access a live online network of volunteers through instant messaging.
- TrevorLifeline, TrevorChat, and TrevorText (LGBTQ+ crisis support): 1-866-488-7386, or text “Trevor” to 1-202-304-1200
- Trans Lifeline (US): (877) 565-8860
You can find the hosts on Twitter: Hobbes Q. at @HobbesQ, and Alex Newman at @Mel_Chronicler. Send questions, comments, thoughts, hopes, and dreams to @GoblinLorePod on Twitter or GoblinLorePodcast@gmail.com.
Goblin Lore is proud to be presented by Hipsters of the Coast, and a part of their growing Vorthos content – as well as Magic content of all kinds. Check them out at hipstersofthecoast.com.